Oil and Gas
Successful exploration and production depends on safe, reliable equipment. KTC GROUP offers extensive, innovative products and services that meet the demanding requirements of offshore platforms, exploration, floating production, storage and off-loading facilities — and optimize the life cycle of customer equipment. Recognized as a premier supplier of products and services for the oil and gas industry, KTC GROUP provides the sophisticated, rugged and reliable products necessary to extract and process synthetic fuels.
KTC’s proven experience in offshore brownfield integration helps drive cost and schedule certainty. Clients benefit from KTC’s discipline and early engineering planning that address potential brownfield integration issues. Key planning steps include:
- Requirement of a baseline survey of existing facilities and good information on as-builds
- Confirm existing physical assets compared to as-built drawings and specifications, and correct deficiencies
- Confirm production profile for life of field through flow assurance and verify pipelines, tie-ins, risers, and controls and mechanical equipment are adequate for new throughput
- Make clear distinction between marine, process, and utility systems and get early involvement of the classification bureau to agree on which rules apply for each group of systems
- Plan constructability reviews to ensure engineering and design maximizes efficiencies and safety throughout execution and start-up
- Plan for upgrades by determining space available on existing facilities
- Confirm load capacity on existing structure and decks of platforms and FPSO
- Brownfield projects involve combining new components and existing facilities, so it is essential to understand and appreciate how they are interrelated from physical, process, hook-up and commissioning, and operating perspectives
- Disruption to ongoing production for brownfield work usually cannot be avoided, therefore it is a critical responsibility of the brownfield engineering team to identify and minimize full or partial production shutdowns
- Plan for additional deluge, firefighting and safety equipment
- As brownfield “hot” work co-exists with ongoing production, it is inherently more dangerous than greenfield
KTC’s global resume of offshore work provides Clients confidence. Based on the challenging location and desired project performance criteria, KTC uses a consultative approach to FEED and constructability to optimize Client’s brownfield integration success.