Mining and Minerals
Our dedicated group of Mining & Metals professionals has the capability and expertise to execute diverse scopes of work and projects for our Clients and deliver them to cost, function, and schedule certainty.
KTC’s mining process expertise encompasses all aspects of minerals and metals recovery from studies through to process design, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up and commissioning of any size of processing facilities and related infrastructure. Our services range from retrofits and expansions of existing facilities, to the design and construction of major grassroots developments requiring extensive infrastructure facilities. KTC has the ability to build and maintain large and small-scale mining projects in remote areas of the world. KTC implements proven mining solutions to unique, project-specific challenges, such as:
- Building and maintaining projects in remote and harsh climatic regions around the world
- Providing innovative and proven process solutions to maximize minerals and metals recovery
- Developing complex material handling and ore transportation systems
- Meeting budget and schedule requirements, performance requirements, and stringent environmental and safety constraints
- Defining the feasibility of project development to assist in securing project financing
- Providing program management to assist Clients in understanding all aspects of project development, from inception through construction and production
- Sourcing material globally to procure volumes of equipment and materials effectively and economically
- Assessing modularization options to improve schedule, quality, productivity, and safety on projects
A significant engineering and construction component to development of a mine site is the supporting infrastructure. KTC provides critical and comprehensive infrastructure including ports / marine terminals, railways, power, water / desalination, work accommodations / man camps, and community facilities. With our dedicated Mining & Metals office locations in Melbourne and Perth, Australia; Santiago, Chile; Vancouver, Canada; Johannesburg, South Africa; Farnborough, United Kingdom; and San Francisco and Greenville in the United States, KTC has the proven capabilities and experience to successfully deliver our Clients’ projects.